By Mike Black, Daniel Castillo
Even though Backup Exec eleven is now out, and the corporate I paintings for is utilizing model 10, i discovered this ebook an excellent reference and a short and simple learn to wake up to hurry. The publication contains:
* a quick historical past of backups and the significance and explanation for them
* an exceptional evaluation of media rotation schemes.
* a very good source on utilizing many of the complicated database upkeep software for troubleshooting issues.
Reader's searching for a hardcore exploration of the software program will not likely locate this publication informative, even though.
Read or Download Backup Exec 9 for Windows servers PDF
Best system administration books
MCSE examination 70-296 learn advisor & DVD education process: making plans, enforcing and protecting a home windows Server 2003 atmosphere for an MCSE qualified on home windows 2000 is a specific integration of textual content, DVD-quality teacher led education, and Web-based examination simulation and remediation. the program grants a hundred% assurance of the reputable Microsoft 70-296 examination targets plus try guidance software program for the sting you must move the examination in your first try out.
Parker attracts on her huge adventure to offer pharmaceutical businesses and researchers the fundamentals on severe FDA administrative enforcement matters, and comprises laws, lawsuit case reviews, and reference fabrics to elucidate rules and practices. She explains the authority and accountability of the FDA and the way it administers recollects, corrections, withdrawals, civil activities, and legal activities (including debarment, disqualification and alertness compliance and integrity).
Starting Apache Struts will offer you a operating wisdom of Apache Struts 1. 2. This ebook is perfect for you Java programmers who've a few JSP familiarity, yet very little previous adventure with Servlet expertise. geared up in a condensed instructional and lab layout, the fabric during this publication has been proven in genuine lecture room environments.
- The Practice of System and Network Administration (2nd Edition)
- Site Reliability Engineering: How Google Runs Production Systems
- MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft(r) Windows(r) 2000 Advanced Server Clustering Services
- Introduction to the New Mainframe: z/OS Basics
Extra resources for Backup Exec 9 for Windows servers
Instead of having to point your backup jobs to each individual tape drive separately, you can actually group all of the drives into one logical unit. This drive pool is seen by Backup Exec as a single drive, although it may actually contain multiple tape drives. Creating a new drive pool is done by right-clicking on Drive Pools and selecting New Drive Pool. Figure 8-3: Adding a new drive pool Note Backup Exec automatically creates a drive pool called All Drives. This includes all of the drives attached to the media server.
2. Every Friday, use a different tape to run a weekly backup. 3. On the last day of the month, whenever that date falls, a monthly backup is performed. The schedule would look like this: Chapter 5: Applying Technologies: Network-based System 45 46 Chapter 5: Applying Technologies: Network-based System In this example, Tapes 5 through 8 are the weekly backups, and Tape 9 is the monthly backup. Advantages: • Using this schema, you can go back and restore anything up to three weeks before the last backup (unless you go to the previous month).
Robotic libraries. Imagine if you had a glass box with a myriad of tapes, a number of tape drives, and an intelligent robot arm. The robot arm puts in whatever tape is requested, takes out any tape, puts it exactly where it needs to go, and keeps all the tapes in order. It sounds like a couch potato’s ideal solution for a DVD collection. Actually, this is a good picture of how robotic libraries work. A robotic library is an arm with a brain that you configure to run your tape library. This is the most advanced solution in tape technology today, one that is used frequently by large enterprises.
Backup Exec 9 for Windows servers by Mike Black, Daniel Castillo